Our Short-Term Rehabilitation Center
At Abbey Senior Health, our short-term rehabilitation program is designed for older adults who have had a recent hospital stay or injury, and require further assistance to get back to their former level of independence or are not quite ready to return home after a serious illness or injury. We develop a personalized care plan that is custom-designed to meet the needs of the patient and get them home in the shortest amount of time possible.
When you choose Abbey Senior Health for short-term rehabilitation, you are choosing a faith-based facility that has a reputation for excellence and a personalized approach. We are continuously looking for ways to better serve our residents and expand our programs and state-of-the-art equipment.
Short Term Rehabilitation in O’Fallon, MO
At Abbey Senior Health, our short-term rehabilitation program serves older individuals who either do not qualify for or do not need inpatient rehabilitation, but are also not quite ready to return home after a serious illness or injury. Each care plan is custom designed to meet the needs of the patient and get them home in the shortest amount of time possible.
Our Short-Term Rehabilitation Services
Whether you come to us for physical, speech, occupational, or respiratory therapy, choosing Abbey Senior Health means you or your senior loved one will receive high-quality, goal-oriented care. We are one of the largest senior care providers in O’Fallon, MO and have a proven record of performance.
As a patient in our short-term rehabilitation program, you will have access to:
- A Specialized Physician – We are proud partners with Midwest Medicine Group which provides patients with a specialized physician that directs each resident’s individual plan of care and oversees treatment and who is present nearly every day of the week.
- VitalStim Therapy – VitalStim certified speech-language pathologists can help aid the recovery of older adults who have trouble swallowing.
- On-Site Respiratory Therapy – Unique to Abbey Senior Health, our in-house respiratory therapists can help patients with asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, and other respiratory issues breathe easier.
- Balance Therapy – Our balance therapy program is an exercise-based physical therapy program that can help patients that have vestibular disorders. Through our physical therapy program, patients will be able to improve their balance while doing everyday activities and manage symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, and vertigo.
Who Benefits from Short-Term Rehabilitation?
Short-term rehabilitation at Abbey Senior Health meets the needs of patients who:
- Are recovering from a serious injury, illness, or surgery (such as joint replacement, stroke, neurological conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, or general debility)
- Require 24-hour nursing care to fully recover
- Would benefit from intensive physical rehabilitation
As a skilled nursing center, we focus on overall health and wellness while the patient takes the time they need to recover.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Short Term Rehabilitation Program
What makes us especially proud at Abbey Senior Health is that our patients would recommend our short-term rehabilitation program to friends and family! With our wide range of therapy options and state-of-the-art facilities, Abbey Senior Health can help you or a loved one make it home in no time!
Contact us today to set up a meeting with our rehabilitation team to discuss short-term rehabilitation services in O’Fallon!