QUARANTINE: The entire floor will be in quarantine when Resident(s) have direct contact with a staff member or visitor that tests positive for Covid.
- Seven-day quarantine required.
- PPE of gowns, gloves, N95 masks and goggles required for direct patient contact.
- N95 masks to be worn by all clinical and support staff while on the quarantined floor.
- Resident testing occurs on day 1, 5 and 7. Day 5 may be eliminated if testing supplies are limited. If all Residents test negative on day 7, Quarantine will be discontinued.
- Binax testing is used for surveillance screening. If there is a positive Binax test, it is confirmed by a PCR.
- Binax testing can be done at any time for cause.
- Residents are required to stay in their rooms with the exception of physical therapy.
- Physical Therapy can be offered to two residents at a time only, on opposite sides of the therapy room. Full PPE must be worn by Therapy staff. Masks to be worn by Residents.
- During Quarantine, visitation may continue on the quarantined floor if Resident and Family members are vaccinated. Two visitors can come to the room at a time for a maximum two-hour period. Visitors must wear surgical masks. Vaccinated visitors must be screened prior to coming to the floor.
- During Quarantine, if family members or Resident is not vaccinated, visitation my resume after quarantine has ended.
- A waiver will be signed by visitors at the reception desk.
OBSERVATION: Residents that are newly admitted from an outside facility, not recovering from Covid. This includes Residents that have been out of the facility to the hospital for any length of time, or on an outside family visit. Observation lasts for 5 days with testing on admission and day 5 for release.
- Resident will stay in their room with the exception of Therapy for the 5 days.
- Surgical masks will be worn by the Resident when attending Therapy.
- Binax testing is used for surveillance screening on days 1 and 5.
- Physical Therapy can be offered to two residents at a time only, on opposite sides of the therapy room. Surgical masks must be worn by Therapy staff and Residents.
- During Observation, visitation on the floor will be allowed for vaccinated Residents and Family. Two visitors can come to the room at a time for a maximum two-hour period. Visitors must wear surgical masks. Visitors must be screened prior to coming to the floor. If the floor is under quarantine, family members must be made aware of the risk of visitation.
- Non-vaccinated Residents may have visitation in the first-floor visitation room unless the Resident is residing on a Quarantine Floor. In this situation, visitation will be delayed until quarantine has ended. Non-vaccinated visitors will be screened prior to entering the Visitation Room on the first floor.
VISITATION FOR VACCINATED RESIDENTS AND FAMILY:
- Vaccinated Residents and Family may have in room visitation following facility guidelines. Please refer to Quarantine and Observation guidelines above.
VISITATION FOR NON-VACCINATED RESIDENTS AND FAMILY:
- Visitation will be allowed in the Visitation Room only following facility guidelines.
VISITATION FOR NON-VACCINATED RESIDENTS WHEN THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY LEAVE THEIR ROOMS:
- All visitation in this scenario must be approved by the DON. The DON will determine the Residents ability to leave the floor.
- If the Resident is on a floor that is in Quarantine, visitation will be delayed until Quarantine has ended.
- Prior to being allowed on the floor, the family members and Residents MUST be tested and screened.
- Family will be escorted to the Resident’s room by an Abbey employee as appointed by the DON.
- Full PPE of masks, gowns, gloves must be worn by family members. Masks must be worn by the Resident.
- Two family members at a time may visit for a two-hour block of time.
- Family must make an appointment to visit with The Resident and Family Liaison.
- Each visitor will sign a waiver which is available at the front desk.
END OF LIFE VISITATION FOR UNVACCINATED FAMILY AND RESIDENT:
- All visitation in this scenario must be approved by the DON.
- Family members will submit to screening and testing prior to being escorted to the floor.
- Family must remain in the room for the entirety of the visit.
- Only two family members at a time may visit.
- Extra family members may wait in the Lobby area.
- Each Visitor will sign a waiver which is available at the front desk.
OTHER SITUATIONS THAT MAY COME UP:
- Visitors to the floors must be 18 years of age and vaccinated.
- Residents in Quarantine may not leave their rooms with the exception of Therapy.
- DON may choose to include the Executive Team on any situation that arises.